Carnival Triumph Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

A beautiful experience

Sail Date: September 09, 2006

This was my first Cruise and i was extremely impressed with Carnival. There was always something fun to do, or i loved the fact that we could stay in the room and do nothing at all! The food on the ship was FIRST CLASS and delicious every night. The staff was amazing and TET, our server, was extremely good at accomodating us and making us feel special. The nightly shows were a MUST for us because of how well they were presented and acted. The two star performers were amazing and would have left Simon Cowell impressed! My only wish came on sunday when i really hoped to watch my beloved football team play in the ships sports bar, yet they only televised two games on the ship, and my teams wasn't one of them. That, plus the fact that ESPN wasn't offered in our beautiful balcony staterooms could be my only complaints. Also, i noticed that although it was a YOUNGER crowd(which is what i wanted) most of the young people were there as couples(Boy/girl) and it wasn't a very good cruise for Single people. Overall Carnival Triumph gets my highest recommendation and i plan on cruising with Carnival again, most likely to the western carribbean next time!!

Pros: Choices! There were choices every hour of every day to have fun, see a show, eat and etc. There's SO much to do that you're never bored! :)

Cons: The television selection. Too many CARNIVAL CRUISE SHIP channels and NO SPORTS CHANNEL! Being a sports NUT i need to keep in touch with my sports teams. Also, the internet usage fees are WAY to high.

Stateroom was adequete size as we had 3 adult men(Big guys) staying in one. A bed folded out from the ceiling and it took us a couple days to figure out that the ladder for it was under the OTHER bed(No one offered us help in locating it). Balcony view was amazing and we even saw some Dolphins one day.
The ship was very big and accomodating, i never felt cramped. All of the public areas were spotless as i witness all areas being cleaned and sanitized at all hours of the day(and night) even as late as 4am!
Food was A+ all the way. Our nightly dining menu was top notch with everything from Filet Mignon to Beef Wellington. I even got to try Sushi and Escargo for the first time.
Staff was amazing if not robotic at times. Always there to help and extremely friendly.
Non stop entertainment and activities on the Carnival Triumph. My personal favorites were the Piano Bar, Hollywood night club and the ROME LOUNGE shows at night.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
St. Thomas is beautiful and you've GOT to snorkel there given the chance. Its also worth the time and money to visit the Skyride and see the island from a unique(and very high) view.
Don't Miss: Snorkel!
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Don't Miss: Snorkel!
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
My favorite port on the trip was St. Maarten. We visited Orient Beach(which is partially an all nude beach) and we walked the length of the beach first(Fully clothed of course) and saw ALL the sights! lol we ended up renting a beach chair with a comfy pad right in front of the beautiful water for $6 which also included a mixed drink of our choice. If there was on MYTH or Untruth about this port AND St. Thomas, its these supposed "Deals" you can find shopping. Everything seemed a waste of money and with the jewelry i noticed that you can get it cheap, but thats exactly what you're getting, cheap jewelry. Unless you plan on SPENDING in the thousands, i don't think there are that many good deals to be had.
Don't Miss: ORIENT BEACH
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
Don't Miss: ORIENT BEACH
San Juan, Puerto Rico
We found an EXCELLENT chicken wings restaurant called the BRICKHOUSE. It seemed a little dirty in San Juan, especially in the water near the pier. Don't miss the Bacardi Factory Tour as it was a must see for me and i'd do it again! Great tour with good info and GREAT RUM! :) I would have loved to have been able to visit the rainforest, but our 5pm arrival didn't allow for it.
Don't Miss: Bacardi Factory Tour and Chicken wings at the BRICKHOUSE are AMAZING. I dare anyone to try the HOTTEST Buffalo wings they offer!
San Juan, Puerto Rico