Carnival Triumph Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Enjoyed the cruise!

Sail Date: November 01, 2009

Ship was in excellent condition. Cabins were spacious. Food was good. Elevators were slow, sometimes bypassing the floor you were on. The shows were beyond excellent and their new burlesque show was awesome. The dancers and costumes were top notch! The ship is beautiful. The decor is outstanding, each room given special attention to theme. You can enjoy just about any kind of music because each bar area has a differnt type of music. There was something fun going on each day. I enjoyed their planning of activities. I look forward to my next Carnival cruise this summer!

Pros: The Shows in Rome Lounge! Fabulous!!

Cons: Waiters did not give attention to soda card holder, had to keep getting my own or running after servers to be waited on. Especially troubling in casino when one cannot leave a machine to get service...

Recommends Carnival Triumph? Yes!

Generally the staff was wonderful. My chief complaint was the waiters did not give the same attention to me having a soda card as those who were purchasing alcohol. I understand they must make a quota or something, but to usually avoid soda card holders in order to make a sale with alcohol was unacceptable. This was especially troubling in casino because I could not get up from my machine to get my own at the bar and poolside was a challenge to get their attention becasue they seem to avoid coming close enough to me because they were trying to sell alcohol to others. The cruise director gave good info and was very entertaining. Staff was always busy keeping ship clean and orderly. It was very difficult to hear and understand the announcements in the pool area because volume was too loud and person spoke way too fast. I only caught about every 5th word or so. Anouncements need to be spoken slower...
Shows in Rome Lounge were beyond excellent! Costumes fabulous, dancers were super fabulous! Their new show, Burlesque, was utterly entertaining. Costumes were awesome. These shows made my cruise the best! Loved the planned activities. Glad there was something for everyone to enjoy.
Had no children with me, but I was very happy they had something to do that kept them from being in the general population most of the time...
Clean, decorated beautifully. A little challenging getting to some of the places due to the layout, but well worth it once you arrive!
The food was good, sometimes not cooked as well done as I would have liked, but that is my personal preference. The variety in the main dining was outstanding. The waiters were excellent. Matre'd needs improvement. Food poolside was good and variety of choices. Lines sometimes way too long, but that is to be expected with so many people.
Wonderful! Excellent staff also! Always ready for me...Nice size, comfortable beds, great location near elevator. Next time I want to get a room with a balcony. Loved this ship!