Too many kids

Carnival Triumph Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Sail Date: March 01, 2009
Ship: Carnival Triumph
This was my wife and I second cruise, our first was with Royal Carribean. We will never sail with carnival again reasons being, The layout on this ship the "Triumph" was horrible, it was always crowded and packed with kids. i was told there were 997 kids on board this ship and they were everywhere screaming and running, That i blame the parents for. We were on the spa deck very close to the camp carnival which made this worse. People working on the ship did not seem nearly as happy or make us feel as welcome as Royal Carribean did. Looking down from our balcony there was lots of peeling paint and rust all the way down the ship, Thats just poor maintenance, I know the economy is bad and to my wife and i and others we talked to it almost seemed they where cutting corners to save money. Now im not going to say all bad about Carnival. I believe if you are looking for a cheaper cruise line to go with and maybe more in the way of taking a family with kids this proble would be great for you. There seems to be a lot for children and teens to on this ship, but if you just want to relax in the pool or hot tub and not have kids running all over the place i would go with another cruise line, There where no adult only spots on this ship and the area that was meant for adults had kids playing and screaming. The ports pf call were great though, this was an eastern carribean we did.

The food was great everynight.

Entertainment was decent typical cruise entertainment but fun.

I dont have any kids but it seemed there was a lot more for kids to do then adults.

Our stateroom and dinner waiters were great, but most of the other ones we ran into seemed unhappy and not nealry as friendly as i think they should be compared to other cruise lines.

The layout was horrible everything was so compact, If you have been on the Freedom of the seas through Royal carribean and then this ship you would understand.

Staterooms where nice just the balcony rust ruined it for me. I also think Carnival should go to flat screen tv's, it saves a lot of room and looks a lot better then a big old tube tv.

Pros: Port of calls

Cons: Carnival

Recommends Carnival Triumph? No.