Carnival Triumph Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Great Trip!

Sail Date: December 14, 2008

I just finished sailing with Carnival Triumph. I've been on several cruises before but haven't been on one in about 15 years. Things have changed! I was so impressed with the ship. It was beautiful. The food on our ship was spectacular and the service was great. Room service, extra entrees, sushi... all free. The rooms were cleaned to perfection twice a day and funny towel animal designs were left on the bed as an added touch. The rest of the ship was cleaned very well also. The ship also had a movie theater at night under the stars that offered an excellent chance for some relaxation. A few cons... The ship seamed very crowded especially on the sun decks and when docking to a new port. It was a real struggle most days to find a chair to layout on (but we always ended up getting one). The hot tubs were always packed to capacity mostly by kid camp children, as were to pools. They would literally sit in there for hours at a time, ha. Those things can be expected on any vacation but ultimately the pros vastly out weighed and cons. Excellent experience!

Pros: ship, destinations, food, clean

Cons: lots of little kids, packed, unorganized, shows

Recommends Carnival Triumph? Yes!

We paid for a cruise, not for Broadway shows so mediocre performance was expected. The comedians were funny and the magic shows fooled me.
The kids seemed to have a blast taking up space in the hot tubs, slide, and pool. ha
Very clean
Always being cleaned. The passengers on the ship joked that they must be hiding under the bed or in the walls waiting for their next opportunity to clean. The rooms were larger then expected.
I never had a special request unfulfilled.
We rode ATVs through the jungles while stopping at ancient ruins and ended the excursion with a private beach experience. It was excellent.
Don't Miss: Jungle ATV
Ocho Rios, Jamaica
Dunn River Falls is a must see. I am 25 and my wife and i had a blast! If you are feeling adventurous, separate from the group and attempt climbing yourself! that helps separate you from the crowds that from. The Jamaicans were pushy and aggressive for money and to get you to look at what they have to sell. It was pretty annoying.
Don't Miss: Dunn River Falls.
George Town, Grand Cayman
Very beautiful! 7 mile beach is excellent but swimming with the stingrays is the jewel of the Grand Caymen
Don't Miss: Stingray City