DEFINATELY WORTH THE TRIP

Carnival Triumph Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

7 Night Western Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: September 07, 2008
Ship: Carnival Triumph
THE ATMOSPHERE WAS QUITE LIVELY. HAVING CRUISED MANY TIMES BEFORE I HAD A GOOD SENSE OF WHAT TO EXPECT. BOOKED THE CRUISE ON A THURSDAY AND FLEW OUT SUNDAY. TIMING AND PRICE WERE PERFECT. FOOD IS DEFINATELY NOT AS GOOD AS MANY OTHER CRUISELINES. IF TRAVELLING ALONE OR MORE PARTY ORIENTED, THIS IS A GOOD FIT. IF FINE DINING OR MORE LUXURIOUS EXPERIENCES ARE PRIMARY DESIRES, LOOK ELSEWHERE. OVERALL IT MET MY EXPECTATIONS AND PROVIDED A MUCH NEEDED BREAK. THE STATEROOM ATTENDANT AND THE WINE BAR STAFF WERE EXCELLENT.

I RATE THE FOOD LOW BASED ON PREVIOUS CRUISES. THE DINNER MENU WAS LIMITED AND EVEN THE ROOM SERVICE MENU HAD LESS OPTIONS THAN I HAVE ENJOYED ON OTHER CRUISELINES.

HEAD WAITER WAS NOT THAT GOOD. WINEBAR STAFF WAS AMONG THE BEST I HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED. CHOLATA AND JULIANNA, I MISS YOU BOTH ALREADY.

I HAD AN INSIDE STATEROOM. THE ROOM (ESPECIALLY GIVEN THE PRICE) DEFINATELY EXCEEDED MY EXPECTATIONS. THE BED WAS AS COMFORTABLE AS I HAVE EXPERIENCED, EVEN ON CRUISES THAT WERE MULTIPLE THOUSANDS.

Pros: THE WINE BAR AND MY DINNER COMPANIONS. I SWITCHED TO LATER SEATING AFTER FIRST NIGHT AND GOT SAT WITH OTHER SINGLE TRAVELERS. IF EVER CRUISING ALONE ASK TO BE SEATED WITH OTHER SINGLES. THIS MADE NOT ONLY DINNER BUT THE ENTIRE CRUISE MORE FUN. FIRST SOLO CRUISE (8TH TOTAL).

Cons: THE FOOD. SUBPAR SELECTION ON ALL LEVELS.

Recommends Carnival Triumph? Yes!