Carnival Triumph Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Pick another ship

Sail Date: October 01, 2007

I should have looked closer at the ship's size and amenities. Carnival Truimph was a much smaller ship than the Sensation so the ride was much rockier and my wife was queasy for 3 different days for the first time out of 5 cruises. The food in their casual buffet venue, South Beach Cafe, was abysmal. The food was always overdone yet lukewarm and they were constantly running out of things. If you didn't get there during the first our of opening you were out of luck. Their was no other venue choices, nor specialty restaurants, which I would have gladly paid for had there been any. The sauna had a broken bench that you would fall through and was never fixed although it was reported numerous times. My bathroom gets hotter than that sauna ever did and both the sauna and steamroom smelled like old gym socks throughout the whole cruise. Nowhere on the ship was there hand sanitizer. On the morning of debarkation, I ate breakfast in the main dining room, and halfway from Miami to Clearwater, FL I got extremely sick numerous times in the car, and remained sick for two days. I had Eggs Benedict and fortunately, no one else at my table did. We all bought the "Soda Fountain" flat fee - unlimited soft drink special, but everytime we went to a bar, if the bartenders saw the soda card they would serve you last, even if later arriving liquor purchasers came well after you did. If you were not buying gratuity generating alcohol then you were treated like a second class citizen. Others like us had the same comments about this. TVs in the rooms and lounges did not work proper, even after they were reported. In all, we feel that Carnival has really slipped in both quality and service and would never cruise with them again. It might possibly sour a first time cruiser from repeating if they used the Truimph their first time.

Pros: Itinerary

Cons: Food and Attitude

Recommends Carnival Triumph? No.

Cabin stewards were superb and friendly They should give classes to the rest of the crew