Carnival Triumph Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Worst Cruise Ever

Sail Date: August 01, 2007

If you want to have a great vacation don't book a cruise with Carnival & definitely not on this ship! The crew was completely & totally rude the entire time!!! Numerous complaints were made daily & none of them were ever acknowledged! Carnival waits for you to board the ship then they immediately charge a ton of fees! Then the cabins smell like sour milk causing our entire wardrobe to stink for the entire trip! The showers flooded every time you shower longer than two minutes! Then once you finally & happily depart from the ship don't even bother wasting your time to call Carnival & complain. We thought the crew was awful the Guest Relations Department is a nightmare!!! They get paid to assist guests but they definitely don't do that! The only response they will give is that you will have to wait 4 weeks to get a response by mail! No one will even talk to you for 4 weeks after you leave the ship!!! Obviously everyone has problems with this cruise line so they make you wait 4 weeks so you forget & they don't have to deal with you!!! And if you don't forget they only offer a 10% discount on a future cruise with them! Are you kidding me?!? I will never go on another cruise again after this horrendous experience! Take my advice just don't cruise Carnival!!!

Recommends Carnival Triumph? No.

Cleanliness was ridiculous, the sheets were covered in other peoples hair & dirt was actually in the bed!!! The towels had stains all over them!!! Not to mention my previous statement regarding the sour milk smell in the cabin & then the dead fish smell across the rest of the boat!!!
Dining was a nightmare too! We actually had a crew member working in one of the dining rooms cut in line right in front of us & put up a closed sign! We were in line 10 minutes (because everything on Carnival is hurry & wait because it's a line for everything) & he told us they were closed & we had to leave! Well when you're on a boat in the middle of the ocean & all the restaurants are closed what are you suppose to do?!? Don't order room service! They are the rudeness people ever! They make you feel like your bothering them by calling to piece an order! Like I'm sorry to bother you but it's your job! And if you ask room service to add anything that doesn't normal come included with your order such as a piece of cheese to a sandwich you would think it was the end of the world!!! Plus once you finally get your food it sucks & you would rather starve than eat it because it makes you want to throw up!!!
The smallest cabins that look like they were decorated in the 60's by a blind man! Plus you get to enjoy the sour milk smell, a bathroom that floods, a shower that is so small you can't even move to shower & a bed with dirt in the sheets!!!
The crew is the worst group of people I ever had to deal with! All completely unhelpful, rude & no one knows what they are talking about! I asked the same question to 4 different people & received 4 completely different answers! And if your a younger person your treated like an idiot! Major age discrimination!!! And again they act like you're bothering them when it's their job to help you!!!! And the corporate office isn't any better!!!
I have never been so bored in my life!!! You would think that you're on a boat in the middle of paradise you would be having the time of your life right?!? I had to try not to jump overboard!!!! The best entertainment was sitting in your room watching TV! And it's not like there was something good on either! So sad!!!