A wonderful time

Carnival Triumph Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Sail Date: May 01, 2007
Ship: Carnival Triumph
This was my third cruise. I have sailed on three different carriers. I find them all very similiar. This was my husband's first cruise. He thoroughly enjoyed the cruise.
The stateroom and dining room staff were terrific!!. We really loved the cruise director. I personally thought the staff in the spa was a bit rude and service was not up to par. We are planning on taking our daughter and a friend next year as a graduation gift. I would like to see food choices and preparation being a bit better. Seriously, contact Norwegian cruiseline to see how they make cold soups as thiers are awesome and on this ship it was flavored milk. I had been looking forward to the cold soups and was totally disappointed.
I do agree the ship needs a bit updating...cleaned or changed carpet but I wouldn't let that keep me from sailing in the future. Kudos to the staff for all their hardwork. We totally loved being upgraded to a balcony room. Thanks for allowing us to have a wonderful anniversary trip.

food was average or below.
Cold soups were horrible!! Check out Norwegian they have awesome cold soups. Pizza was tasteless. Hamburgers were great and I loved the ice cream cones.

I think there could possibly be a bit more opportunity in the evening. It seemed that we didn't always have a chance to see a show.

The cruise director was completely hilarous.
The staff was superb. I would rate this staff as the best on any ship.

I think ship was wonderful. Carpets could use cleaning or changing.

We thoroughly loved being upgraded to a balcony room
The bed was extremely comfortable which was a huge surprise.
There needs to be something done about the bathrooms and being flooded after a shower.

Pros: Staff and service was exceptional

Cons: food was just average much of the time

Recommends Carnival Triumph? Yes!