Carnival Triumph Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

A wonderful time

Sail Date: May 01, 2007

This was my third cruise. I have sailed on three different carriers. I find them all very similiar. This was my husband's first cruise. He thoroughly enjoyed the cruise.
The stateroom and dining room staff were terrific!!. We really loved the cruise director. I personally thought the staff in the spa was a bit rude and service was not up to par. We are planning on taking our daughter and a friend next year as a graduation gift. I would like to see food choices and preparation being a bit better. Seriously, contact Norwegian cruiseline to see how they make cold soups as thiers are awesome and on this ship it was flavored milk. I had been looking forward to the cold soups and was totally disappointed.
I do agree the ship needs a bit updating...cleaned or changed carpet but I wouldn't let that keep me from sailing in the future. Kudos to the staff for all their hardwork. We totally loved being upgraded to a balcony room. Thanks for allowing us to have a wonderful anniversary trip.

Pros: Staff and service was exceptional

Cons: food was just average much of the time

Recommends Carnival Triumph? Yes!

I think ship was wonderful. Carpets could use cleaning or changing.
food was average or below.
Cold soups were horrible!! Check out Norwegian they have awesome cold soups. Pizza was tasteless. Hamburgers were great and I loved the ice cream cones.
We thoroughly loved being upgraded to a balcony room
The bed was extremely comfortable which was a huge surprise.
There needs to be something done about the bathrooms and being flooded after a shower.
I think there could possibly be a bit more opportunity in the evening. It seemed that we didn't always have a chance to see a show.
The cruise director was completely hilarous.
The staff was superb. I would rate this staff as the best on any ship.