Carnival Triumph Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Fun and relaxing too!

Sail Date: July 01, 2006

As a first time cruiser, I had an idea as to how things would look and feel. I was amazed with the outcome! The ship was spacious and nicely decorated. The stateroom was much larger than I expected and the balcony was an added pleasure. There were so many things to do all over the ship. Different activities on different days. Choices-Choices-Choices! Always something happening. What I enjoyed most was to have the opportunity to just relax. There were many other activities for my husband and my teenagers to do while I relaxed or pampered myself.

The staff and crew were friendly and attentive. Always making you feel special. Our dining room and our cabin stewards always addressed us by name in a courteous and friendly manner. The Captain kept us abreast of the developing hurricane and redirected us from St. Maarten to Grand Turk the keep the weather sunny. Though I was not pleased to omit St. Maarten from the agenda, Grand Turk had beautiful beaches and crystal clear waters.

The only thing I didn't like was that the ship was in Puerto Rico for the evening only. Unaware that the stores close at 8 o'clock, caused me to be disappointed. I enjoyed everything thing else about this cruise and will surely be cruising again in the future.

Pros: Choices-so many things to do

Cons: Would like to have had more time in Puerto Rico

I loved the glass elevators.
Dining room staff were excellent. They were personable and friendly. They made our dining experience enjoyable and it was something we looked forward to all day. The menu was extensive and delicious. So many choices and all prepared perfectly!
Everyone I encountered was friendly and eager to assist-except one guy at breakfast two mornings in a row.
Hair Dryer was falling apart, but was replaced promptly when addressed. Note: Stop by purser's desk and pick up a map of the ship. There was no detailed map in our stateroom. We had a hard time finding the dining room on the first night.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Shopping was great downtown. We went on Captain Nautica's Ultimate Snorkel Expedition-which was excellent. We went to two different sites. Great for all levels of snorkelers.
Don't Miss: Captain Nautica's Ultimate Snorkel Expedition
San Juan, Puerto Rico
We were in the port for the evening only. I wish I was told that the shops close at 8 o'clock. Dinner would have been later.