Carnival Sunshine Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Carnival Sunshine 8 Day Southern Caribbean

Sail Date: April 08, 2016

Traveled As: Family w/young children

Room Type: Suite

I read a lot of reviews before going on the cruise but I still approached it with an open mind. We were in an Ocean Suite on the 7th deck and I can tell you that our room stewards were the best I have ever had on a cruise. The rooms were nice, but a little dated. There was plenty of food choices on the cruise and we never went hungry. As far as the main dining, we only ate there one night and it wasn't that the food was bad, rather our wait staff was very rude and seemed overwhelmed. One of them grabbed our toddler and tried to put him in a high chair which completely set him off and he had not desire to go near the restaurant for the rest of the cruise. This was probably our only bad experience. The bartenders were great for the most part and I highly recommend the Alchemy bar in the evenings. They have the the best bartenders hands down! The ship was clean and safe. I would offer one piece of advice. Be very careful with young children around the granite headboards in the rooms. Our toddler fell and split his lip. We later heard from other parents with similar experiences. This was the first time I have ever had to visit the doctor on the ship and I will tell you the experience was much better than going to any ER here in the states. The doctor was great and he did a wonderful job gluing our toddlers lip back together. Overall, it was a great cruise and like any other cruise it is what you make of it.

The Ocean Suites are nice and their is plenty of storage.