Carnival Sunshine Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Terrible!!!!!!!

Sail Date: February 13, 2016

This ship use to be the "Destiny" but in 2013 it was transformed to the "Sunshine." Let me say that Carnival had only profit in mind and not the customer. With the transformation came additional state rooms now the ship holds about 500 more passengers. This sailing had more than 3600 passengers! This meant that we stood along with about 40 other people that could not get a seat, for 3 comedy shows and the comedians were mediocre at best. The buffet was okay not great but after standing in line and fixing our plate there was no where to sit. The any time dining ran 1-2 hour wait times unless you went at 5:30. To get a lounger anywhere on the ship you had to go put your stuff on one by 8:00 am on sea days particularly on the "Serenity Deck." There were passengers laying out on the floor of the Serenity deck due to no loungers. 500 more passengers may be good for Carnival's bottom line, but it is not good for paying customers! I called Carnival and complained. I was told they were in the business to make money! They gave me a $50 OBC on our next sailing. I will NEVER go on the Sunshine again, more state rooms just means more lines and more crowded. Common areas not designed to hold 3600 passengers!

The ship was clean but our room smelled like stale cigarette smoke