Oct 23,2015

Carnival Sunshine Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Cruises: 7+ cruises

Overall rating:

Carnival Sunshine

8 Night Southern Caribbean (Port Canaveral Roundtrip)

Sail date: October 23, 2015

Ship: Carnival Sunshine

Cabin type: Inside

Cabin number: 2150

Traveled as: Couple

Review summary

Ship pretty enough, staff was wonderful for the most part but will not book on this ship again.  Main reason is they cut up the ship to add more cabins/passengers thus removing alot of public space,  Spent most of our time on deck 3 outside, our cabin or deck 5 in the Ocean Plaza.  Lido deck was crowded but towards the late afternoon we might be able to find a lounger. Serenity well lets just say the chair hogs were out in full force.  Not once could we find a spot there during the day.

Main Dinning Room we had early sitting.  Food was ok, our waiter was friendly the first two nights and after that was kind of cold towards us.  We don't know what we did but we never complained about him or his service.  He was friendly with most of the other tables around us.  My big complaint which I never said anything about is the whole trip not one bar staff or wait staff asked us if we would like some to drink.  I couldn't even get the attention of the bar staff.  I had fun on this trip but the Sunshine isn't my cup of tea.

Ship experiences

If you want a drink other than water at your meal I suggest stopping at the bar before going. Bar service is bad in the dinning room

Way to crowded for the size of the ship

Originally booked this one, was offered an upsell to 6137. I knew it was above the lounge. All the other ships I've been on the shows are over by midnight so I figured I could live with it. What I didn't know was that the lounge turns into a night club afterwards. Around 1 am the first night I went to Guest Services where Mario found us another cabin, which turned out to be the one we had originally booked. So if you're a light sleeper don't book anything and either deck six forward or deck 3 forward.

Ports of call