Carnival Sunshine Cruise Review to Europe - Western Mediterranean

Less than expected

Sail Date: June 01, 2013

I was not able to use my key card to buy anything on ship. Embarrassed several times when tried to make purchases. Could not exit ship either on last day as I had to reconcile gratuities. Guest services stated my credit card would not go through. I contacted my bank and they stated problem was on Carnival's end. Luckily I had cash in wallet to pay so I could get off ship. Again, another humiliating moment. I was not able to board ship until day 3 in Monte Carlo as my flight from Portugal to Barcelona was cancelled due to strike at airport. I thought Carnival might do something special since we lost 2 days but they did not. I asked for 2 vouches at steak restaurant and was told "NO". I will not be cruising with Carnival again. I have cruised with Royal Caribbean twice and they treat you like royalty.

Pros: serenity deck

Cons: food in main dining room

Recommends Carnival Sunshine? No.

Japanese, Italian and Steak restaurants were nice but general dining room food quality poor and service SLOW.