Carnival Sunrise

Carnival Sunrise Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Cruises: 7+ cruises

Overall rating:

Carnival Sunrise

5 Night Western Caribbean (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip)

Sail date: December 09, 2019

Ship: Carnival Sunrise

Cabin type: Oceanview

Cabin number: 2409

Traveled as: Singles/Friends

Review summary

Overall we had a great time. Just hoping Carnival does not continue to refurbish their ships by adding more cabins. By doing this the ship became too crowded.

Embarkation

Easy Peasy with Faster to the Fun! Best embarkation to date! We literally walked right on the ship. No waiting!

Ship experiences

We are easy. We ate mostly around the ship...Guy’s Burgers (fabulous), pizza (quite good), Seafood Shack (it’s been better), SeaDay Brunch (always good) and Cucina del Capitano (very good).

We used the spa and that was about it. We wanted to relax! My only issue with the spa was they made the steam and sauna rooms co-ed...Not my cup of tea. Also, the Serenity area for adults only is anything, but serene. It’s so windy it’s uncomfortable.

We didn’t see anything. We wanted to relax.

No children with us.

As always, the staff goes above and beyond. Dann was our room steward. Anything we requested was promptly attended to. The shipped appeared overcrowded and therefore the staff seemed at times to just be trying to keep up.

Our room was clean and any areas we saw appeared clean.

Cabin was clean and sufficient for 2 people.

Ship tip

Prepare for crowds. I’ve also sailed the Sunshine and both have the same issue. Carnival should never have added more rooms. The layout as well takes getting used to...awkward.

Ports of call

Ft. Lauderdale (Port Everglades), Florida

We didn’t do anything here as my friend lives in Boca Raton.

Ocho Rios, Jamaica

We did the Bob Marley excursion with an outside tour company and loved it. The ride up to 9 mile is bumpy, but you get to see the countryside. If you like Bob Marley, do not miss this. I’ve read how some have said there are people on the property pressuring you to buy weed...we did not experience this. There is weed, but nobody bothers you. There place is so mellow and everyone was kind. I would have loved to spend a week!!

George Town, Grand Cayman

We shopped all day here and had a great lunch. I was able to purchase some Mikimoto pearls for less than I would have paid in the states at Kirk Freeport.

Disembarkation

Best ever! We were off the ship in no time.