This was the 2nd part of our "back to back" cruise on the Sunrise. The renovation is beautiful, modern design, nice color scheme. We stayed in a spa balcony, 11th deck. Si, the room steward was outstanding, going above and beyond.

Carnival Sunrise Cruise Review

Cruises: 7+ cruises

Overall rating:

Carnival Sunrise

4 Night Exotic Eastern Caribbean (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip)

Sail date: November 21, 2019

Ship: Carnival Sunrise

Cabin type: Balcony

Cabin number: 1114

Traveled as: Couple

Review summary

From start to finish this was a relaxing and enjoyable cruise. The crew was fantastic. The spa is small, but still does the job. I enjoy everything I chose to participate in. The ship has a modern look and was a pleasure to cruise.

Embarkation

Guest services gave us our new card. We walked off ship, spent about 2 minutes with customs, then back on for a drink.

Ship experiences

Food was good, every day I found something to my liking. The Lucky Bowl delicious, I like Asian flavors, this place was on point. 3 different bowls were presented daily. I had every one of them. Manish & Praveen were always fun to talk to.

I was in the spa every day, sometimes twice a day. Highly recommended.

The Violin Trio, in my opinion, were great, they play more on this ship than any other ship. The DJ let my head bobbing & feet tapping. Flying Scotsman, was entertaining

Dining, cleaning, wait staff were perfect. They always spoke, even if I didn't notice them, they walked up to me and spoke. The Fun Team was exactly that, Fun. All of them made the cruise that much more.

Layout & design was modern, clean, pleasant. I was impressed.

Normal sized, reading decor, good location, just steps from the spa door and had a quick exit to the lido area.

Ship tip

It has a good crew. The decision is pleasing to the eye. Get ready for fun.

Ports of call

Grand Turk Island

Not my favorite place but enjoyable

Disembarkation

This went very smoothly. It was a controlled process, even though you'll always have cruisers that will try to do their on thing. The crew kept things under control.