Great Caribbean Cruise. Everyone was extremely nice and helpful

Carnival Sunrise Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Cruises: 1 cruise (first)

Overall rating:

Carnival Sunrise

5 Night Western Caribbean (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip)

Sail date: November 11, 2019

Ship: Carnival Sunrise

Cabin type: Inside

Cabin number: 2426

Traveled as: Family (older children)

Review summary

Overall, we had a very nice time. I would recommend

Embarkation

It went very smoothly.

Ship experiences

The wait staff was wonderful in the Sunrise restaurant. The buffet was ok, but not as good as I expected.

I only got to the pool twice. but they were great. I think the bingo was too expensive for only 3 games.

We didn't see any shows

we had no children

Eva in the Sunrise was absolutely the best. She remembered what we drank and called us by name everyday. Very sweet. Ingrid in the buffet area was also very good. Our room steward was great, but she didn't clean our room on Thursday. She may have been off the ship in Grand Cayman, not sure.

The only thing I didn't like was the fact that you had to go up from the Sunrise and over, then back down to get to the other end of the ship

It was very clean, the size was ok. I wish there could have been a small table to sit at and not just the bed. The pillows were a little too soft.

Ship tip

download the app and check it for things to do.

Ports of call

Ft. Lauderdale (Port Everglades), Florida Did not visit port

this is where we went out of. didn't visit anything

Ocho Rios, Jamaica

This was very beautiful. We did the chair lift and had lunch at the top.

George Town, Grand Cayman

Was very pretty. Didn't really like having to get packed onto a small boat to get into port and the Rum Cake Factory excursion was a joke. We went to a couple of roadside places to take pictures and then only spent about 10 minutes in the actual Rum Cake Factory.

Disembarkation