ABSOLUTELY AWESOME CRUISE

Carnival Sunrise Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Cruises: 4-6 cruises

Overall rating:

Carnival Sunrise

5 Night Western Caribbean (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip)

Sail date: November 11, 2019

Ship: Carnival Sunrise

Cabin type: Inside

Cabin number: 2237

Traveled as: Singles/Friends

Review summary

I thoroughly enjoyed my experience on the Carnival Sunrise. I was able to get some much needed rest and relaxation. The food was great and I met some new friends.

Embarkation

The embarkation process went smoothly. This was my first time porting from Fort Lauderdale I was used and expecting the process to be long and tedious like the Miami Port. I was presently surprised when I didn't have to sit down and wait for a number to be called so I could board.

Ship experiences

The dining room staff and food was great. My favorite restaurant was the Seafood Shack.

I used the pool. It was great.

The Morning Show with Chris the Flying Scottsman was great. The Fun Aboard Fun Ashore show was very informative.

I did not travel with kids

Ryan my room steward was just outstanding! He made me feel like family. Melina and Mini in the Sunshine restaurant were so friendly. I miss them already. Allie Cat greeted me with a warm smile and asked about my day ashore. She also wished me a very safe trip home when I left.

I never saw a dirty table or trash anywhere.

Even though the cabin bed is a lot smaller than my bed at home, it was so comfortable I slept like a baby.

Ship tip

Make sure to have the Breakfast Brunch in the restaurant instead of going to the buffet.

Ports of call

Ft. Lauderdale (Port Everglades), Florida

It was a lot less congested than the Miami Port.

Ocho Rios, Jamaica

This port was amazing. I did not do an excursion. I did some shopping and at some of the local cuisine.

George Town, Grand Cayman

I enjoyed this port. I visited Calico Jack beach.

Disembarkation

I can't believe how fast my floor got called to get off the ship. The only negative thing was that Customs only had 3 lines open so the wait there was too long.