Carnival Splendor Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Splendor (Not so Splendid)

Sail Date: December 27, 2015

Our insights on the December 27th Splendor Cruise, Western Caribbean.

1. The cruise was overbooked! Too many people for this boat. (It was tough to get a deck chair) There were lines everywhere. Very impatient cruisers. I am so glad my parents did not go.

2. Never book rooms for families over the casino. The noise, until 2 or 3 AM, was ridiculous. So not much sleep. 6299 & 6301 are not good rooms for families. If you are a casino person you probably wouldn't mind.

3. Food quality was not up to the levels we have seen on Carnival in the past. Not just in the dining rooms but all over the ship. To include; pizza, grill, buffets,......
No Guys burgers was a big minus for the kids and adults. The grill people burned most burgers.

The soft serve ice cream was much better this time.

4. The Splendor is not so Splendid. Decor looks much older than 5 years since last update.

****Beds were worn out!

5. The staff was not so friendly. With the exception of our room steward. Iwayan and a couple of drink waiters. They were so busy with so many people they did not connect well with cruisers.

6. My view, Costa Maya is not a good stop for anyone.

This was not my complete list of issues but it does cover the main points.

My overall view, the Splendor is not much of a value for vacation dollars spent.