Carnival Splendor Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Good in general, ship, crew, ports of call

Sail Date: March 29, 2015

Musical Entertainment in night club and on deck was horrible.  Only Hip-Hop at a extreme volume that I had to wear ear plugs and still was too loud.  Dancing music, only Hip-Hop and a little Salsa although the majority of the passengers did not fit these profiles.  At the theater only 2 musical shows in 7 nights. there were other shows which were the same crap I have seen on my 3 previous cruises in the last 10 years.

Unruly guests took over the 4 hot tubs for the whole day leaving the other 3,000 guests without a chance to enjoy them.  No regulations.  At the end of the afternoons, little kids disturbing the 21+ areas and no one said nothing.  Unruly teens also in the 21+ areas destroying and vandalizing equipment, trowing supplies and garbage overboard and in the pools right after they were cleaned by the crew.  I guess because they could not use those areas, revenge I suppose.

Non-smokers taking over the smokers sections or removing all the chairs and taking them someplace else.  When they sat in the smokers areas, the bitched about the smoke but would not move away.  Ash trays were constantly been hidden away.  If the smokers respectfully stayed in their areas, why the Non-Smokers kept invading these same areas.

Too many hours at sea, cutting down the hours at each port of call.  Excursions were not designed to enjoy the facilities of each port, too long to get to buses, to locations and always the push to go shopping.  Maximum of one excursion per port due to delays and short time in port. If the cruise gave us 4 more hours per port, guests would book more excursions and enjoy themselves more.

In San Juan, Puerto Rico, my tour took too long because of the getting in and out of the bus which only went 6 blocks away.  The guide promoted herself other than the city itself.  In Turks & Caicos the ATV tour description included time to be spent on the beach, not so, the time was cut short from the description and we were only taken to local drinking hole where we spent lots of time.  Also the speed they moved us was so slow that people walking were moving faster than the ATVs.  No exitiment at all.  Apparently it was designed for the very elderly when 90% of the touring people were in their 20 and 30s.  I really only enjoyed myself in Nassau (Sub diving) and St. Thomas (Zip-lining) which the promise of the tour really came true.

I love the Splendor, that is why I took this second cruise on it.  My stateroom and bar crews were excellent.  Some of them remembered me from the last cruise, it felt like family.

Write a comment.
Any great crew members you want to recognize? Give them a shout out here!
Write a comment.
Children's Programs Write a comment.
Miami, Florida
I live 5 miles north of the port in the intercoast.
SUB Experience
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Grand Turk Island
ATV Tour and at a previous cruise, horseback riding

For example: Buffet dining is far tastier than the main dining rooms. Don't hesitate to fork up the extra $35 at the pinnacle steakhouse. Enjoy the natural beauty of st. Thomas, and the rich history and colonial architecture of old San Juan, Puerto Rico. Take an excursion at grand Turk, not much to see at port.