Carnival Splendor Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

It's Alway Great On A Carnival Cruise!

Sail Date: May 12, 2014

My son and I were traveling with friends that we have taken cruises with since 2009 - this being our 4th Carnival experience.  We have also been on the Princess line which we didn't enjoy as much and also the Royal Caribbean which is just as enjoyable but much more expensive.   We were thrilled that Malcolm Burn was the Cruise Director as we had met him on our prior cruises (on the Miracle too) and enjoyed his company.  By last year he recognized us and the same this year.  Our room was beautiful and our stateroom(balcony) attendant Diana was terrific and always helpful.  We loved our waiter Maros and his assistants Alexis and Christian.  Dinner was always a fun and delicious experience.  What can I say about the Lobby Bar - a great meeting place with mouthwatering martinis and mojitos - even though they ran out of limes.  One bartender even made me one not on the menu - a French martini.  It was also great to see and hear Keith singing again.  I hope to take another Carnival cruise in the future.  The only thing I would ask is that the temperature inside the ship be a little warmer.

This is a great ship with ample pools, great bars and dining rooms. It was always clean and sparkling.
Delicious food and desserts. Like eating at a 5 star restaurant every night.
Everyone was always happy and helpful.
We particularly liked the comedy shows but also enjoyed the musicians on board - especially Keith.
Didn't use them but it appeared from talking to other passengers that they were very happy with them.
Always stuff to do, we participated in some but usually enjoyed reading by the pools.
Absolutely LOVE Grand Turk, this was our first time to Half Moon Cay and it was beautiful. Nassau is Nassau, it was fine.
I always book a balcony. This room was a little smaller than the last one but it was beautiful.
New York, New York
We're from NJ so we go to NY all the time. Our experience in the terminal and getting on the ship was smooth.
Grand Turk Island
We love this island, its a giant party.
Half Moon Cay, Bahamas (Private Island)
This was a beautiful island and a relaxing experience. Had some great drinks too.
Not the biggest fan of Nassau. It was a rainy day so it was just OK. It would have been just OK if the sun was out too.

We liked going to brunch in the dining rooms and also Tea Time on the days at sea. Nice touch with the little scones and sandwiches.