Had a positive experience for my first time on a cruise

Carnival Splendor Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Contributor Level: Third Mate

8 Night Bahamas & Florida (New York Roundtrip)
Sail Date: April 02, 2014
Ship: Carnival Splendor

I was kind of iffy on the whole cruise vacay especialy after purchasing my tickets on this site, at a bargain price. It was my first time on a cruise and did not know what to expect, plus I traveled alone. But it was awesome. I feel like I got more for my money. The food was good; be warned you will be eating out of your ears lol The service, was above excellent. Most friendly staff, all around the ship. My steward was great and thoughtful. The waitstaff at the dining area was always on point and very friendly. The entertainment at dinner, was always a fave of mine. My only complaint, was how everything on the ship was super expensive...and over pack on the lil things. I forgot to pack my hair conditioner and figured the ship will supply that...NO...I was walking around with a dry afro for 7 days. Also I got sick on the ship and didnt think to bring Motrin and such. I wish I would have planned better for this trip, which was my only regret. Be prepared, financially. The ports, Cape Canerval-too short of an excursion time, but plan an outing if you don't want to remain on the ship. Nassau, Bahamas is beautiful and you can wing it without paying for an excursion. People complained about paying too much and feeling jyped for their excursion package at Freeport, Bahamas, and that time there was short. But over all, I had a great time. Oh and the entertainment at night on the ship could have been better. Everyone, the passengers were all friendly to one another and once I mentioned this was my first trip, they all replied I would "love it".  And overall, I had a great and relaxing time.

n/a

Ahhh be prepared for the long lines at the Lido deck, for the buffet but its not that bad. The staff there are efficient. And the whirlpool located at the behind of the ship is the hottest, temperature wise.

Hated this part, cause the address online and when I called were a bit off which is not cool when you're rushing with large luggages
Beautiful!!!!!!-Loved it!!!