Carnival Splendor Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Third Mate

Great experience

Sail Date: January 04, 2014

It was my first cruise and I was a bit anxious about the trip as I did not know what to expect...I read multiple reviews before booking my trip and after reading them I was more confused than ever, some people raved about the cruise and some stated it was horible. I figured I will have to find out for myself.

Check in/boarding process was extremly well organized and I must admit it went fast and smooth compared to all my flight experiences.

The food was better than I expected. I've been to many all-inclusive resorts in DR and the cruise food was million times better. 24 hour pizza and room service were great too.

Entertainment was good. One night the show was cancelled due to boat rocking, I was surpirised they did not have anything low key in reserve, but that's the only complaint I got really.

Waiters/stewards and staff were very nice and helpful.

I will definitely cruise with Carnival again.

Black Pear restaurnart food was very good. Waiters are super nice. Take advantage of brunch in Gold Pearl too!
Carnival Camp is a live saver for people traveling with children. It's great to have time for yourself and knowing that children are taken care of well. Kids loved the activities and begged to go to camp.

Go for breakfast to Gold Pearl. Brunch is served from 8am to 1pm as I am not mistaken. I enjoyed it much more than the breakfast Lido buffet as you do not deal with lines and do not have to self serve.