Carnival Splendor Cruise Review to Caribbean

Convenient to travel to the Carribean from NYC

Sail Date: July 04, 2013

Sailed on the Carnival Splendor on the 4th of July. It was so convenient leaving NYC since there was NO traffic and we were the only ship to leave the port. Embarkation was a breeze and sailing was without any problem. First stop was San Juan and I was really excited about visiting PR for the first time. Unfortunately I was not impressed. San Juan was rainy and pretty boring. My sister went zipling so she had a great memory but if you did not plan an excursion you were bored like I. Although I went on a tour for $10.00 (don't book excursion on the ship, its cheaper with the locals) which saved me lots of $$$ from Carnival I got bored quickly and felt there was nothing to do. Next stop was St. Thomas, its so beautiful and great place for souvenirs and to buy alcohol. Best port of call for both. Great shopping for jewelry and just beautiful as a country. It was my second time there. Last port of call was Turks & Caicos...and it was my first time there and I can't wait to go back. Went on a tour of T&C but wasn't worth the price, the island is just for carnival guests called Margarita Ville..the water is so blue green and the sand is soft. I wish the time spent is longer.
Malcolm, the cruise director was the best CD I have ever had. Definitely the fun ship. Food overall was good, the Black Pearl dining options could have been better so if you just go for elegant night its good otherwise the Lido deck is where its at. Enjoyed the Punchliner Comedy Club, actually had 2 celebrity comedians on our ship and one night at the Spectacular Theatre we had a great illusionist show and variety show. We so loved our wait staff in the Black Pearl Dining Room. WeWe, Negara and Tomas were excellent. Don't forget to treat yourself to the spa services, prices drop on Day 6 and Day 7. Cruising is a great way to vacation. Enjoy your deserve it!