Carnival Splendor Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

The Pink Palace

Sail Date: July 12, 2013

This is my 7th Carnival Cruise and it truly went just as I expected. The layout was a little confusing and although this ship is a little larger than others I felt it was also more cramped..with that said the food was good, the weather was great, the captain and staff were very informative and our wait staff in all the dining rooms were Exceptional. This is also the Cleanest ship I have EVER been on.. our room steward (Reynaldo) did an amazing job everyday.. Just a few disappointing factors were that the basketball court was down for nearly 1/2 the cruise as the net was broken and my son and others were not allowed to play in that area.. As activities are minimal at best on this ship that was a loss..and there were NEVER enough deck chairs on the ship or on Turks & Caicos or the private island..when asked for assistance we were told sorry..nothing we can do..the staff were very friendly otherwise and the cruise itself was enjoyable.
Pink, pink & more pink, gaudy decor
a lot of repeats
Reynaldo did an AWESOME job
friendly, knowledgeable and helpful
less than mediocre, few pool activities, and the shows were okay
just not enough - little enthusiasm from the activities staff
beautiful destinations

If you can go for the formal breakfast/brunch in the dining room - it is well worth being pampered!