The best time I experienced!

Carnival Splendor Cruise Review to Mexico

Helpful Vote: 1

Sail Date: August 01, 2012
Ship: Carnival Splendor
This is my second cruise. My first one was on the Royal Caribbean and I was only 16 - so from what I did on Carnival was way different than what I did on the RC and I'm 23 now. I went with my best friend on the Carnival Splendor and had a blast!
First thing first: DO NOT buy excursions from Carnival! They are very expensive. Lucky for us, we waited til we arrived in Mexico, walked around the port and bought excursions from locals. First excursion we did on the first day we arrived in Cabo was snorkeling with Cabo Blue. It was fun! We paid only $35 each person and they provided us with snorkeling gear, good music, food and open bar! all for $35!

Second excursion we did the following day: Swimming with the Royal Dolphins. Like I said earlier, we got this excursion from locals. $165/person - it was the best one (we got to kiss the dolphin, ride two dolphins' dorsal fins, and did a foot push!) that was great.

Third excursion we did on the last day in Puerto Vallarta was Canopy River's ziplining tour! For $50/person. OMG! My friend and I both agreed that this was the best one out of all three excursions we did! Only because it gave us an adrenaline rush when we ziplined down 10 lines! the lines were really long too - it was scary the first 3 ziplines but you end up getting used to it and you just enjoy the view as you slide down the lines :) then we rode the mules back up to the place for about 20 mins. It was sprinkling a little bit while we were ziplining but the humidity of the weather made the summer of Mexico bearable. Because of the rain, Puerto Vallarta was less hot than Cabo.

Now meanwhile on the cruise, don't get me wrong. Carnival is fun! But it got old for awhile during the 7 day trip. We didn't know what to do anymore. There should be more entertainment provided. The shows weren't too entertaining to us. They should have magic shows or something other than musicals. And the professional pictures were really expensive! Buffet food should have mo

buffet food sucked but room service food and dining room food made up for it. you have to try the chocolate melting cake! my friend and I ate that 4 nights of our 7 day week :) it was amazing!

The schedule made for every day was good. We were lost without it. But like I mentioned earlier\, they need to make more entertainment for us. The music played by the DJ was alright. He should mix it up a bit and not the play the entire song.

We didn't bring any kids along with us. But the kids around us looked like they were having fun.

our bartender Luis from the Red Carpet was the best :) he made really strong drinks! So it was worth our money hahaaha

We got lost on the first day. We didn't understand why to get to the 3rd or 4th floor dining rooms\, we had to cross the other side and go up to the 5th floor to get back down to the 3rd or 4th floor. omg it was so confusing! but we figured it out. The gym was good. made me sweat a lot due to the rocking motion of the boat.

The design of the boat was really cute! and modern.

Pros: mostly everything! the club was fun and room service food and dinner were amazing!

Cons: buffet food wasn't all that great. room service took about 30-45 mins even if you're ordering water.

Recommends Carnival Splendor? Yes!