Carnival Splendor Cruise Review to Mexico

Very noisy ship

Sail Date: March 04, 2012

There was no room for me on this ship. There was music blasting near every pool. Even in adult area, new age electronic music was too laud and drilling through my brain. This music should be set in the background to create relaxing atmosphere. So, I spent most of my time in my room.

Cons: Food

Recommends Carnival Splendor? No.

All food was loaded with herbs and spices that killed the real taste of it. The only food that enjoyed was from mongolian wok, where I was able to control herbs, spices and sauces. All other food in buffet and restaurant was overloaded with spices, herbs, gravies and sauces. Gravy was added also added to fillet mignon and I simply wiped it with napkin, and after that I was able somehow to enjoy it. After few days, I was determined to get something light and I ordered fried chicken with potatoes and gravy. Kentucky Fried Chicken makes better gravy than your chef. Gravy was again heavy and dark flavored. Snails, usually treated with light white sauce were served with thyme and sage that killed taste of it. By the end of the cruise I was not sure what I was eating, everything tasted the same. The only good sauce was served with turkey. What you need is Italian or French chef. They know how to develop right taste of food. Your chef is killing it. Appetizers were overloaded with bread.
Constant calling to have fun have adverse affect on most people. Stop it.