Carnival Splendor Cruise Review to Mexico

Great first time cruise!

Sail Date: February 26, 2012

This was my first time on a cruise so I didn't have anything to compare the Carnival Splendor to, however, I had done my research. The ship was better than I expected and was excellent value for the price. We loved our oceanview cabin and felt at home, it was a lot bigger than I thought it would be. The staff was phenomenal and always helped us out when we needed them. If you're up for a good time and don't really care for fancy aesthetics, the Carnival Splendor is perfect. The activities were hilarious and really encouraged everyone to participate, and from what I saw, everyone had a great time.

Pros: Variety of food and activites, our stateroom, staff

Cons: Length of ports (wish they were longer)

Recommends Carnival Splendor? Yes!

Although we got lost a couple of times, the layout is pretty easy to figure out if you pay attention. I thought all the rooms in the ship were clean and had plenty of space. Decor is kind of over the top, or what you would see on the Las Vegas strip, but for a cruise it works.
The quality of the food was average, we definitely had better, but I loved that there was a variety of places you could eat it at. Room service was not very good, but it is available 24/7.
All 3 of us had our own beds and our room was so comfortable that most of the time we didn't want to leave! We just wanted to lay down in our beds. The pillow was one of the best pillows I've ever slept on.
Our main steward, DiDi, was so pleasant and always smiling. One night we didn't leave the room so he didn't get a chance to clean up and make us a towel animal so the next day we requested two animals, and he did it. It was great and we gave him an extra tip at the end of the cruise.
My favorites are the couples games and the deck parties. The cruise director, Todd, and his assistant, Bryan (I believe that is his name), were awesome. They always got everyone to participate and were like stand-up comedians. They even performed at the Carnival Legends show and it was fantastic!