A Fabulous first time experience

Carnival Splendor Cruise Review to Mexico

7 Night Mexican Riviera (Los Angeles Roundtrip)
Sail Date: February 19, 2012
Ship: Carnival Splendor
The ship exceeded my expectations all around.

The buffets were plentiful and the food was good, for the most part. Recommend eggs made to order rather than the scrambled eggs, as they were powdery. Everything else was very good. The dining room menus featured an excellent variety of fish and meat every night. Something for every palate. The desserts were delish, however, the Grand Marnier cheesecake was rubbery. One of my tablemates made the mistake of telling me that I could order as many dishes as I desired -- so I did!!!

The options were many. I liked the trivia contests and the kareoke. Will spend more time singing kareoke next time. he from Manila band was excellent. I became their groupie as I listened to them every night! Regrettably, I didn't sing with them on the last night! Wish I had!!!

Next time I'll bring my son! There was so much for the kids to do.

The staff was wonderful. Stateroom steward, Alberto, treated me like family. Wilbur, head waiter in the dining room, was terrific. I Putu, our beverage waiter in dining room and casino, was a doll. So friendly and like family.

Easy to navigate once you became familiar with where your stateroom was located in relation to all other areas. Exceptionally clean public areas. Decor was lavish.

Stateroom was roomy and very clean. Alberto made sure that it was cleaned at least three times a day. Loved the balcony and the towel animals!!!!

Pros: The ship was fantastic!

Cons: The trip had to end!

Recommends Carnival Splendor? Yes!