Carnival Splendor Cruise Review to Mexico

Great cruise!

Sail Date: January 01, 2012

Traveled As: Family w/young children

This was my second cruise with Carnival, and it was better than my first back in 1996. This time brought my mom and two young girls (their first cruise and loved it!). I would definitely recommend this cruise. The ship was easy to navigate; the food was ok on the Lido deck, we wished the pizza were tastier; enjoyed eating at the Black Pearl restaurant; enjoyed the shows every night. The crew was friendly. I was pleasantly surprised that the rooms were cleaned twice a day; enjoyed sitting in the balcony. The last two days at sea were very rocky and we couldn't get enough sleep so we were looking forward to getting home. I would definitely cruise again.

Pros: It was clean, the crew was great, dine on my own time, shows

Cons: Too rocky the last two days at sea, pizza not very good

Recommends Carnival Splendor? Yes!

Clean, nice decor in cabins and restaurants
We enjoyed all the shows.
The food in the Black Pearl restaurant was excellent; pizza and burgers on Lido Deck not that great; buffet was ok
We got a balcony; the cabin was clean; the shower worked
My 9-year old went to CampCarnival and had a lot of fun; she did not want to leave when we picked her up
Crew was friendly.