Carnival Splendor Cruise Review to Mexico

Great cruise for price!

Sail Date: January 15, 2012

This was me and my friend's first cruise experience and it was great! It was very decently priced for a 7 day cruise. I loved the experience of living on the ship for 7 days. I thought there would be more variety to the food on board, so I was kind of disappointed in that. By the 5th day I was pretty sick of the food, but then again I am picky! The staff and entertainment are wonderful! I do wish there was a pool and hot tub area for adults only. And although I loved the ship, I probably would never take a cruise to Mexico again. The excursions were fun (we went snorkeling and zip-lining) but I did not enjoy Mexico too much.

Pros: Great staff all around, great entertainment

Cons: Lack of variety of food

Recommends Carnival Splendor? Yes!

The layout if confusing at first, especially if it was your first time. But there was staff everywhere and they were very helpful with directions. The ship was very clean.
Like I said before, the food definitely got old about the 5th day in. I wish there were more food choices at the buffet and at the sit-down dinner. The staff was great. I did hate that twice we waited 45 mins to be seated for dinner.
We had the smallest stateroom available and yes it was small but you get what you pay for. I loved the paintings on the walls and the bed was pretty comfy in my opinion.
The staff was great. Very friendly. Every single housekeeper I passed in the halls said "Hi" to us, which was nice.
I liked a lot of the activites on board but there were times I wish there was more to do or see. I like that they have activites where guests can participate in. My friend who cruised with me did a bartending contest; it was super fun.