Carnival Splendor Cruise Review to Mexico

OUT FIRST VACATION/CRUISE!!!

Sail Date: October 01, 2011

This was my first vacation ever, yet alone a cruise!

I had an awesome time! My only compaint really is the change in itenerary. They cancelled Mazatlan for safety issues (understandable), but Puerto Vallarta was also cancelled due to weather conditions. They replaced Puerto Vallarta for La Paz, which is better than another day at sea, but I wish they would have done another day in Cabo, or a day in Ensenada (which is what the Disney ship who was sailing along with us did).

Pros: Scenery

Cons: Change in iternerary

Recommends Carnival Splendor? Yes!

Buffet:
The food in the buffet was mediocre. Keep in mind that there are over 3,000 palates to satisfy, so the food cannot be TOO flavorful. Most of the stuff was bland, but there was a lot of it.

Dining Rooms:
The dining room food was decent. Not bad, but not great. IT was kind of hit or miss. For example, I had meatloaf that I LOVED (small portion, but you can always order more), but I also got a prime rib steak that I HATED. There was NO flavor. None.

Steakhouse: Not the best, but DEFINATELY worth the $30. Flavor wise, I have had much better steaks, but the quality of the meat was good. It is definitely worth the extra money. Dessert portions were HUGE!
MUCH bigger than I was expecting. Although people told me not to get a balcony since I wouldnt be spending time in the room anyways, I sprung and got the balcony. WORTH IT!!!! You spend MUCH more time in your room than you would expect. It is SO nice to be able to sit out at night and watch the stars (privately, without strangers).
Everyone was very nice.
Overall I liked the ship. I did a LOT of research ahead of time so I knew that the ship was super "pink". It really was. Everything was new and clean, but definitely cheesy and dated.
Ehhh. Not the greatest, not the worst. Pretty cheesy. I am SO into musicals, shows, etc, but these were just a little to corny for me. Seemed like they had the dancers that failed to make it in Vegas lol