Carnival Splendor Cruise Review to Mexico

A decent cruise

Sail Date: September 25, 2011

Ship Quality:
tacky decor , very odd layout, crowded elevators, very loud.

Dinning/Food:
The food was extremely salty. I love salt but even for me was too much.
The variety at breakfast was very poor: the same thing everyday. I had the feeling that they were 'recycling' dinner into breakfast.
Lunch was okay but way too crowded.
Dinner in the dining rooms could be a hit or a miss. I would not recommend ordering seafood from the menu. We tried lobster, fish and shrimp, and all of the dishes were pretty bad. I liked their steaks and chilled soups.

Stateroom quality:
It was good with decent bathroom.
The stateroom attendants were great hard working people.

Ship staff quality:
Guest services was bad: long lines and bad attitude - I witnessed someone being threatened to be kicked off the ship in Mexico(!) by one of the guest services clerks (I think that says enough about how much this cruise line cares about its customers).
Security checks were very poor. All they cared is customers bringing alcohol on board.
One of our friends passed security with a pocket knife but I got pulled aside for a bottle of wine. Overall the goal of the cruise is to rip you off as much as they can.

Entertainment:
It was not that great.
The music on the ship was way too loud. You could not find a space on the ship without having to listen to a "concert".

Pros: itinerary , easy disembarkation

Cons: guest services, expensive alcohol, food

Recommends Carnival Splendor? No.

Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
We did not book any excursion but we did have a great time. On first day we walked to Medano beach ( about 20 - 25 mins walk from the marina) and we spent the day at one of the resorts. Second day we took a water taxi to Lovers Beach and we really loved it. Great water and weather.
Don't Miss: Lovers beach
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
We did not book any excursion but we explored the city on our own and we loved it. We took a city bus (for 7 pesos/person) to El Nogalito. We walked to the small village of Nogalito and we hiked up to the the river in the forest. On our way back we stopped at the only restaurant with absolutely gorgeous outdoor sitting. We had some appetizers and very tasty mango Margaritas. The restaurant was not cheap but is was definitely worth it. Then we took the city bus back to the old town and dowtown. We had a great day.
Don't Miss: taking a city bus to El Nogalito. Loved it.....