Carnival Splendor Cruise Review to Mexico

My First Cruise!!

Sail Date: June 01, 2011

First let me start by saying how great of a Honeymoon this turned out to be on this cruise. We sailed on June 12-19 2011. Since being back home I've told everyone I know and even some people I don't know very well, how much fun I had I even posted it on Facebook that if anyone who hasn't taken a cruise, to schedule one and that Carnival treated us right!! This ship was amazing and the value for the dollar far exceded my expectations. We had a Room With a Balcony which I highly recommend if it's available because you can just hang out there and enjoy the great weather and beautiful water. When we were getting on board, the gentleman in the parking lot didnt have to be asked to help us tag our bags and got us tagged and in the right direction for someone to get the luggage loaded onto the boat. The Ship was very clean and stayed clean. During the 8 days we were on the ship there wasnt a time weather it be 8 am 2pm or 3am, that someone was cleaning somewhere or something. All of the restrooms I used in different places on the ship were always clean and smelled fresh. The different decks were also always clean wherever we went. The staff was amazing. I came in contact with probably well over 100 of the crew staff members during the duration of our stay, from the housekeeping to bar staff to embarkation staff to medical staff and was treated like a king everytime. Everyone was always friendly and answered a question with a smile. The overall service was great and there wasn't anything I would change. The drinks were reasonably priced and the Lido resturaunt, dining room and roomservice food was great. There wasnt anything that I wanted that I couldnt have somewhere on the ship. I'm a very good cook myself and was impressed with the food quality, especially the things that had to be made in bulk. Room service was very fast and never had to wait more than 30 minutes, I think this was very reasonable since they had to accommodate around 4,000 people if necessary. The onboard music on the Lido deck and other places throughout the ship were great!! The mood was always so upbeat and there was always something going on. Getting on and off the boat were streamlined and organized so it didnt take very long getting on & off in Puerto Vallarta and Cabo. When trip came to an end, I was a little wary of getting off and thought is would be a madhouse but it was extremely easy & we were totally off within 20-30 minutes. Overall this was one of the best trips I've taken and when opportunity knocks, I will definately revisit a Cruise with carnival.

Thanks Again!!

Pros: everything

Cons: N/A

Recommends Carnival Splendor? Yes!

HUGE!!, decorated very well and always clean
AWESOME!! Everything I wanted to eat was available
Very good size, well layed out and a big balcony
AMAZING!! everyone was always friendly and had a smile on their face
FUN!! there was always something to do