Carnival Splendor Cruise Review to Mexico

Worst cruise ever

Sail Date: October 24, 2010

By far this is the worst cruise Ive ever been on. For those that have cruised before, customer service is everything and this cruise line is by far the worst. I was told that the Splendor is a new ship of the Carnival Fleet. They forgot to mention that this was a new old ship. Everything in there seemed very old and just plain out cheap. I didnt mind them charging the gratuity of $140 for the room on the 3rd night, and for every alcohol beverage has an automatic $1.32 added to it. All staff serving alcohol do not care if you get the drink 30 minutes later because the tip is already added to the bill. Also, if you want to order water ,dont even bother because it cost $2 and they wont even give it to you. The staff there is horrible, but lets talk about the room. I have cruised 5 times with Royal Caribbean and now understand why I pay the extra $100 over the Carnival ticket. I had a great 5 cruises consistently with Royal Caribbean and it took only 1 time with Carnival to understand why. The room was level 8 interior but yet the T.V. remote was broken, shower head attachment leaks and sprays water on bathroom floor, safe doesnt lock, light bulbs flicker on and off. The bed was suppose to be 1 bed for my fianc and I, but it was 2 beds put together with a sheet over it so when the boat rocks the beds pull apart to create a crack for you to fall in. Finally, to finish of my cruise we came with 3 other couples totaling 8 people. Went to breakfast at seated dining with 6 and the other couple decided to show up so we asked for a bigger table to fit 8 people. The waiter told me they can sit at another table, instead of seating us at the big table for 8 behind us that was open.

Pros: Immediate staff, Head waiter, Room attendant

Cons: Everything else

Recommends Carnival Splendor? No.

They said new ship, forgot to mention new OLD SHIP. Layout is horrible like a maze.
Food is garbage, All you can eat pizza and hamburger was all bread and old hamburger patties
Everything is broken please read my review.
Immediate staff was great but all others were horribly rude.
Entertainment seemed as if it was for the staff and not the customer. Bingo night the staff were conversating and chasing each other around instead of calling out the #. People were shouting stuff out to them but they were to busy chasing and flirting with each other.
Mazatlan, Mexico
Was also great, but the security staff are rude and just flat out very unprofessional
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Cabo was great but you only get to stay from 8 till 1 in the afternoon. They forgot to mention that the wait for the ferry to get from ship to land takes 30 minutes and 1 hour wait to get back on leaving you a total of 3 hours to walk around.
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Got to stay there from 8 till 10 at night.