Carnival Splendor Cruise Review to Mexico

Dreadful Experience

Sail Date: March 01, 2010

Of the dozen or so cruises I have taken all over the world, this was the absolute worst. There was hardly a minute in which I felt comfortable...even on the rare occurrences when I was alone in the elevator, staring at the black and pink circles. The center of all activity seemed to be the casino rather than the atrium...walking anywhere it was unavoidable. And practically none of the useful spa amenities came without costs that were greater than the price of the cruise itself.

Pros: No Enduring Aftershocks

Cons: Cigarette smoke everywhere;Spa charges;Bland food;Crowds everywhere at all hours;Loudspeakers blaring;Decor ugliest of any major ship I have seen

Recommends Carnival Splendor? No.

Annoying director, mediocre quality unless one is willing to shell out for expensive bingo sessions and the like
Bland, uninspiring
The best of a bad lot
Very poor routes of access without entering the casino
Dour at best