A Great Cruise

Carnival Splendor Cruise Review to Mexico

Sail Date: April 01, 2010
Ship: Carnival Splendor
I had read reviews about the ship's decor being "gaudy", but I thought it was OK. I didn't see anything I thought was disgusting or in bad taste. I wouldn't choose some of the decor I saw, but other decor was very nice.

My wife and I enjoy the variety of the meals on a cruise, and this ship met our expectations. It's great to try foods I normally wouldn't in a restaurant. And of course, there is as much of whatever you want.

I'm an ex-sailor, so I like to find my own way in ports. Getting on and off the ship was easy, and we enjoyed Cabo San Lucas, Mazatlan and Puerto Vallarta. I like Cabo and would prefer more time there, but we enjoyed the port call.

We liked the fact that there aren't parts of the vessel closed off for guests with a certain number of past cruisings. And we like Carnival in general.

Pros: The ship's entertanment

Cons: Length of port time in Cabo San Lucas

Recommends Carnival Splendor? Yes!