Carnival Splendor Cruise Review to Europe - Western Europe

Splendid European Cuise

Sail Date: July 01, 2008

My family and I cruised on the Carnival Splendor on its first cruise from July 2 to July 10 2008. We have cruised five times and sailed on Royal Caribbean, NCL, and Disney. We always wanted to cruise on a brand new ship and this voyage served to demonstrate how the ship designers are enhancing the cruise experience. There were 3,200 passengers but except for the line at the Pursers desk and tread mills, it never seemed crowded. The giant screen TV by the pool and the retractable roof was very cool. Food was very good, not the best. We stayed in a Balcony Unit and the bathroom wasnt cramped at all. The three large closets and under sofa & cabinet drawers provided sufficient space for two adults and two college kids. The towels, sheets and duvet were all luxurious. The entire staff was friendly and helpful. The shows were above average and Ron in the Piano Bar was an absolute blast. I dont get all that Carnival pink. I have come to accept expensive drinks but in this age I dont understand expensive bottled water. Disembarkation was the best remained in room, assemble in theater and then disembark all in stages.

Pros: The Cabin & Piano Bar

Cons: Expensive drinks and Photos

Recommends Carnival Splendor? Yes!