Seemed a little lacking

Carnival Splendor Cruise Review to Mexico


Contributor Level: Deck Hand
Experience: 4-6 cruises
Review: 1
Helpful Votes: 0

Overall Rating:

3.0 out of 5
Sail Date: December 01, 2009
Ship: Carnival Splendor
Cabin Type: Inside
Traveled As: Family (older children)
Reviewed: 7 years ago
The ship itself was beautiful but a little overwhelming with all the pink. I found some of the staff to be downright miserable. But others were very friendly and seemed to love their job. Specifically of all the casino staff we found only about 5 were friendly and good to be around. The dining room staff were too quick to try and defend themselves when asked why it was taking so long to get our wine (we were already on the main course) making us feel as if we were being unreasonable.

Food and Dining

3 out of 5
Of all the cruises we have taken this was the most disappointing with regard to the food quality. It was mediocre at best. Sometimes arriving barely warm.

Service and Staff

1 out of 5
As stated above I would say that about 75% of the staff were unfriendly with no willingness to help. The other 25% were awesome and what was expected on a cruise.

Ship Quality

5 out of 5

Cabin / Stateroom

5 out of 5

Pros: The Itinery was great

Cons: The pink was a little overwhelming and the customer service was a little lacking.

Recommends Carnival Splendor? No.

Was this review helpful?

Leave a Comment

Remember: Be polite and respectful. Our diverse community is home to members with different opinions and a broad range of cruise experiences.

Other Reviews Of This Sailing





*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.

Back to Top