Carnival Splendor Cruise Review to Mexico

There is better out there!

Sail Date: October 01, 2009

Well I had read some reviews before our trip and actually thought some of the comments were petty, especially about the ship's decor. But, it is as advertized, horrific-although my wife, whose fav color is pink-loved it. It was like someone lost a bet and had to decorate the ship as bad as they could. The lay-out of the ship is awkward and clumsy. There are no directories in the elevator like the Mariner of the Seas has. The ship reflected mediocraty rather than state-of-the-art. You would think that Carnival's newest ship would express a sense of innovation and moderness-NOT HERE! AND DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THE SPA! WAS $150 PER PERSON OR $250 PER COUPLE AND IT IS A RIP-OFF-TRUST ME!! ALL FOR A HOT TUB AND SOME STEAM ROOMS!!!

Pros: Room and Wait staff

Cons: Everything else!

Recommends Carnival Splendor? No.

The ship was not fun to explore. No eye-catching grand atrium or promanade area. There was no focus on the ship. Everything was poorly planned and designed. Sure it was clean and nice touch to have plenty of sanitizers at all the dining entrances.
Like one person commented-IT'S CRUSIE FOOD! So if you keep that in mind and realize that your food is prepared for the masses and not for you specifically (except for The Pinnacle) then you should be fine. We ate at the Pinnacle once. We actually made reservations for 2 nights but cancelled our 2nd after our experience at the first. Our waitress was from Russia. She made no introduction, did not ask us anything about our day, trip, whether we were celebrating anything-NOTHING! When she did her food presentation, she has a display plate with a the different entrees and spoke with such a heavy accent we literally could not understand half of what she said. When I placed my order, she advized me that I could only order 3 starters-so I had to to skip the salad. Then when I wanted to sample 2 desserts, she informed me that I could only order one. I spole to the English-speaking hostess and expressed concerns about having fewer dining options at the $30 per person Pinnacle!
SUCKED! The only show we attended was a rock-n-roll review and the singers sucked! I mean seriously-especially the male vocalist! The karaoke DJ was horrible!! No personality. You wouldnt think this could be a difficult job or hard to do-but this guy was a zero! He had trouble starting songs on time, and kept doing these silly competitions instead of just letting people sing.
Our cabin was 6483-all the way at the AFT end of the ship but was great because we had 2 views (could also see the back of the ship) and it was very quiet from foot traffic. Sorta noisy when the ship parked and left ports but cool otherwise.
Was average. Our waiter and bus boy get high marks because they said "Yes" to everything. We had the benefit of two tables of people never showing up so we and another couple had the wait staff all to ourselves.