Carnival Splendor Cruise Review to Mexico

The worst cruise we've ever taken.

Sail Date: September 01, 2009

the ship is new and clearly so are the staff . They don't seem to be concerned with doing their job well. We have been on 4 other Carnival ships but this one had problems in the dining room , the cleanliness of our stateroom was terrible since I ended up with a rash that looked just like bedbugs and they were not very responsive nor did the company seem to care. My husband and I were disappointed with the smoking area's since the casino was not able to be enjoyed by us. The smoking section was surrounding the 3 rows of slots for non-smokers and we still found people smoking and ashtrays filled by the non-smoking machines. They have the shopping talks in the smoking lounge so again Carnival didn't seem to care that my asthma doesn't allow me to go in those rooms. None of the other ships had this problem. After all theinformation I sent to carnival they sent us a letter saying they are sorry, we had a bad trip. But of course they want us to give them another try. We will not waste anotherr hard earned dollar or our vacation time on Carnival. It was not a fun cruise,nor was it even acceptable. We feel we absolutley wasted a week of our life that we will never get back. However, if you get to Cabo it was great and had the best burrito at Cabo wabo. The ship is a waste of money they were allowing a women to continue gambling though she was so drunk she feel out of her chair and couldn't get up without the help of my husband (a paramedic) and lady who was a nurse. The staff was slow to react when a young lady passed out drunk in the bathroom and had vomit all over her. Somehow we managed to be near that bathroon when she was pulled out by her family still passed out. It is disgusting to have to avoid the vomit and the fact that Carnival Splendor keeps taking customers money when they can't make a rational decision. Don't waste your money too!

Pros: supper club was great just as it usually is on all carnival ships

Cons: the staff, the bed bug type rash I ended up with, and the smokeing sections are poorly laid out

Recommends Carnival Splendor? No.

there was hair falling off my clean towels and onto us when we grabed a new towel after a shower and it wasn't our hair. Plus the bed bugs
They weren't responsive and the ones that did try harder clearly only did so after we complained
if you can go in smoking lounges it would have been great if you're there for shows and games as I not a big swimmer.