Hopefully Carnival makes this right!

Carnival Splendor Cruise Review to Mexico

7 Night Mexican Riviera (Los Angeles Roundtrip)
Sail Date: April 26, 2009
Ship: Carnival Splendor
When we departed we were assured by the captain numerous times that we were on schedule and since there were no swine flu cases confirmed at our ports the cruise would not be affected. Later to find out, due to an emergency stop in Cabo, our boat was to be rerouted to San Francisco. After numerous complaints the captain gave us the option to de-board in Long Beach rather then continuing up to San Francisco. My family and I
chose this option for we did not pack for Northern California weather. As we were de-boarding in Long Beach I noticed that both rooms onboard spending had been reimbursed. A nice gesture but still doesn't make up for time and money lost. I have recently checked my bank account and found out that I was charged for all purchases made to the room. I understand where they were coming from as far as the swine flu is concerned but in no way should we be emotionally and financially punished for a busted cruise. This was the first cruise we had taken and will be the last with Carnival if proper actions are not put into place. We paid for a 7 day Mexican Rivera cruise and that's what we expect. If Carnival comps all onboard spending there is no probable reason why all charges were processed. This vacation has turned into a nightmare.

The comedy show was hilarious

I'm sure it was beautiful. We were refunded $40 for this port
Instead of Puerto Vallarta they switched it to San Fransico. No bueno!
I'm sure it was beautiful. We were refunded $40 for this port as well.

Pros: The food was good

Cons: The fact that we paid for a 7 day Mexican Riveria trip and instead we got a 4 day trip from Long Beach to Long Beach

Recommends Carnival Splendor? No.