Redcard69 Cruise Review on Carnival Spirit on Sep 27, 2013

Carnival Spirit

Sail date: September 27, 2013

Ship: Carnival Spirit

Review summary

I'm such a slow learner... On my first cruise in 2013, I was so unaccustomed to cruising that it took me 3 days to work out that I was on my holiday the moment I stepped onboard... Until that light bulb moment 3 days in, I was waiting for the boat to arrive at the first port for my holiday to begin - unbeknownst to me, I was already on holiday... Unlike previous holidays, where you rush to the airport, cram into small seats for extended periods of time, remain uncomfortable for along time before arriving at you destination, fighting crowds to get out and getting a cab ride from hell to your accommodation - cruising starts the moment that you walk onboard... It's called cruising for a reason and that's because everyone is do relaxed... After waking up from my lost 3 days, I had alot to catch up on and with the Carnival Spirit, there is alot to do or nothing at all so I felt that I didn't waste the first 3 days... It felt like 2 holidays in 1... The crew on the Spirit were fantastic, going out of their way to make the "fun" ship a really fun ship from the shows to the restaurants to the cocktails and photo booths, Bingo to shopping and all in between. This experience set me up for a love of cruising and I have been on 3 others since...