Beautiful ship and excellent amenities.

Carnival Spirit Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

7 Night Alaska (Seattle Roundtrip)
Sail Date: August 23, 2011
Ship: Carnival Spirit
We recently went on the Alaska Cruise and the ship was wonderful. We had a balconey room which I highly recommend for viewing the whales, dolphins and glaciers. This was our first "Big Ship" cruise and we have already decided we are sailing with Carnival again.

Our table service was wonderful, staff made us feel like we were the only ones on board.

Entertainment was of high quality and the ship shows were spectacular! I found it amazing what is done in the confines of a ship. I did not find the activities that interesting, I did enjoy playing bingo but 20 dollars for one game is a little high. The staff did make it entertaining though! We did go to the art show but felt like we were being pressured to buy, so we did not attend all the art activities. I did enjoy seeing the art!

The staff on the ship was very good. Any questions were answered, all needs were taken care of and to top it all..it was done with a smile!

Everything was clean and well maintained.

Our balconey room was perfect and well worth the cost of the upgrade. I found myself excited to return to my room at night to see what awaited me...yes I did take photos of all the towel creations!
We took the Saxman Native Village and Lumberjack show tours. We enjoyed both of these activities but the time in this port did not allow any extra time for shopping and seeing the town!
Don't Miss: Lumberjack show
Skagway was awesome! We took the train trip and still had time to shop and go to The Red Onion Saloon. We did arrive at Caracross too late too shop :( !!! This was my biggest regret of our whole cruise, it was the only place I saw real Muckluks...and I wanted a pair!!!!!
Don't Miss: Caracross Store! and I missed it!
We went to the Hatchery which was interesting but would not go again, however the Glacier Gardens was very beautiful.
Don't Miss: Glacier Gardens

Pros: Balconey views, to see the whales, dolphins and glaciers.

Cons: There was nothing not to like!

Recommends Carnival Spirit? Yes!