Carnival Spirit Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Bad Trip #2

Sail Date: August 01, 2008

Just did the 8-13-08 Cruise northward. Room was on top deck just below the Lido Deck. NEVER get that floor. We had food carts moving during the night with hard rubber wheels on tile floors with seams every 6 inches. They did cleaning from 1 to 4 am, a lot. We had cabin 8188 and I found out all cabins have only 1 110v outlet, so bring a power strip with you for the phones, cameras, and CPAP machines you want to use.
The food was disgusting on the lido deck. Breakfast was cold mushy scrambled eggs, cold soggy bacon, cold sausage and warm French Toast and Pancakes, that got cold real fast when you sat down. The best food was those small boxes of cereal, they were sealed.
Lunch was also bad on the lido deck, worst food I found on any of the Carnival Cruises I have taken in the past 15 years. You had a choice of a Hamburger or Hot dog with cold hard fries in the pool area, or Chinese Crusine everyday with eggrolls, and rice and sweet & sour mix, etc., etc., etc. I ended up going to the dining room just to get a decent meal. Also the plates and seating areas were dirty, we had to clean off a table to sit down and eat. They do have 24 hour Pizza and Sandwiches, but how much bread can you eat at every sitting?
So, 2 things I disliked about this ship, the poor food quality and the rooms with overhead traffic of kids running and hard wheeled carts on tiled floors.
Not a ship I would ever take again. (7th day was the best, we saw one Glacier)

Pros: Dinning Room Food was great

Cons: Room and Lido Deck Food

Recommends Carnival Spirit? No.