Carnival Spirit Cruise Review to Mexico

Worst Cruise Ever

Sail Date: December 01, 2006

This was my second cruise on Carnival and my sixth cruise overall. I could not be more amazed at the deteriorating level of service. The only time we saw our cabin steward was when we called to complain that our patio chair had collapsed and send plastic shards everywhere. He then made excuses as to why the chair broke. He was completely unhelpful.

The food was the worst on any cruise I have been on. After waiting a very long time, the appetizer portions were tiny, the meat overcooked and unflavorful and the desserts were dull. It was such a disappointment. We ate dinner twice at the grill and it was a lot better than the main restaurant.

The entertainment was terrible. They had two nights of their dancers doing the revue type shows. It was completely unrehearsed and their singers were not very good. They did have one comedian and one hypnotist that were quite funny.

Overall, I would only recommend Carnival to people traveling with children as they do seem to have a good kid's program.

Pros: Ports of call, New Years Eve

Cons: Food, cabin steward, entertainment

Recommends Carnival Spirit? No.