Cruise to the Mexican Riviera

Carnival Spirit Cruise Review to Mexico

Sail Date: November 01, 2009
Ship: Carnival Spirit
Overall, we were content with our vacation, but it was nothing like we had imagined. But then again, you get what you pay for! Please see our comments below.

The quality of food was below average in my opinion and the buffett's get very old after 2-3 days. The pizza isn't that great either. The 24hour soft serve is always a plus though! Also, our supper club experience was awful this time around. We waited for 20 minutes before leaving because our server was nowhere to be found. The hostess and other employees saw us leave and didn't say a word to us.

Kind of dull for a FUN SHIP.

This rating is tough because I had so many people go out of their way for us including our cabin steward, wait staff and a few of the entertainment staff. However, we encountered many rude staff member. For instance in the spa, one day I went to receive 5 treatments for $99 and I only received 4 of them and was charged for $109! So I was underserved and overcharged.....and when I brought this to the spa's attention, they questioned me on how it was possible. No apologies - just blank stares and an unwillingness to help attitude. They finally changed the price, however, later that day I got a call in the room from someone in the spa asking if I'm sure I didn't receive the 5th treatment because the spa associate is 100% positive she gave it to me. So basically, I was questioned AGAIN and made to look like a fool. Finally, I complained to the front desk because after dealing with 3 spa associates, I had yet to receive an apology. Unbelieveable.

The ship was great...very clean overall.

Our stateroom was nice. We had the obstructed view balcony and it was well-worth the money. No need to spend the additional money for a nonobstructed view in my opinion.

Pros: Very affordable and convenient

Cons: The supper club, food, activities, spa

Recommends Carnival Spirit? Yes!