Bravo Carnival

Carnival Spirit Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Sail Date: May 01, 2009
Ship: Carnival Spirit
Cabin Type: Suite
Enjoy this ship, she was an enjoyable vacation to remember.Every Port, every moment is worth remembering.This week goes by too fast so be sure and take in as much as possible.The Inside Passage should not be taken for granted.Take in as much on that day as you possible can.The beauty of our National Parks really shines on this day.And when you set sail from Skagway,you'll be even more awestruck at the beauty that surrounds this ship.We enjoyed Skagway most of all.

Orhan,the Maitre D' for the Empire Diningroom will relocate to Elation in June so the ship will undoubtedly miss him.He was the finest Maitre D' we've had on a ship to this point.The food served in the dining room was typical Carnival but the service fell short of my expectations.The only frustration here was the nightly so called entertainment.The entire wait staff paraded around the room every night and it appeared to me even they didn't think it was such a good idea.The Supper Club on the other hand was once again Carnival shining like a new penny.Everything was perfect in every detail.

I was disappointed over the entertainment.The first nights show was a good opener for the cruise and there was a Jazz review on the third night that was enjoyable. Other than those two reviews I would have preferred a good book on the balcony or a fine beverage while listening to some good piano somewhere else on the ship.

There were over 200 children on this cruise. I rarely saw any and none bothered me. Bravo to Camp Carnival for a program that works.

Bravo to the crew of this ship for a cruise worth remembering.Only one crew member at the Pursers' desk displayed a short unconcerned attitude but she changed nothing.Rai our beverage server and Tim the Internet cafe manager were the highlight of our Ship staff experience.

The ship is the first of its class but that didn't pose any problem for me.There were areas around the ship that showed her age,nonetheless I enjoyed this ship tremendously.

The cabin we enjoyed was the same room location we enjoyed on Legend a year ago.The difference was the noisy ventilation in the dressing room.Everything else was similar including our stateroom steward,Ing.She always greeted us and kept our room perfect everytime.

Pros: The crew.The Supper club.The around the ship entertainment.

Cons: The in-cabin ventilation,very noisy and ran all the time.Even though the Cruise Line has no control over Canadian Customs processes it was still a tiresome beginning to the cruise. Once you have cleared Customs the rest will be a great time.

Recommends Carnival Spirit? Yes!