Great experience

Carnival Sensation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Cruises: 1 cruise (first)

Overall rating:

Carnival Sensation

5 Night Eastern Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)

Sail date: February 01, 2020

Ship: Carnival Sensation

Traveled as: Family (older children)

Review summary

I was very impressed overall things went better than I anticipated. I would definitely go again!

Embarkation

There was a delay in leaving but they kept us posted and once we could board the process was smooth, organized and quick!

Ship experiences

The food was great. Guy’s Burgers was our favorite. One night we chose to do buffet instead for the formal dining and the food wasn’t the greatest at the buffet for supper. The buffet food was better at breakfast than any other meal.

We enjoyed the mini golf and playing pool.

We didn’t attend much of the shows but we did enjoy the guess the 80’s musicians show.

We signed the kids up to go but they didn’t want to they wanted to stick with the family.

All the wait staff was great very friendly and personable.

I always says people cleaning. They were constantly washing windows or vacuuming. They all seemed to take great pride in the ship.

After reading some reviews before we went I was worried about the size of our room but it wasn’t as small as I thought it would be. It didn’t really matter the size anyway we were barely in our room.

Ship tip

The pool is small so on sea days get up early and get your seat by the pool or you won’t get a good seat!

Ports of call

Miami, Florida

We just went to South Beach and swam which was beautiful!

Amber Cove (Puerto Plata), Dominican Republic

We didn’t do an excursion we mostly just walked around and went to some of the shops then hung out by the pool.

Grand Turk Island

We did the snorkeling and private beach excursion. It was a blast! There were 2 adults and our 4 kids, the youngest being 7 so she had never snorkeled before. There was one of the guys on the tour that basically took our daughter “under his wing” and took her around and showed her things and kept her calm as she initially panicked. It was awesome we were still able to enjoy the excursion and so was she!

Disembarkation

I was amazed at how smoothly and quick this process went. We did the FTTF package and it was worth it because once we docked we were ready to get off the ship.