First Time Cruise

Carnival Sensation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Cruises: 1 cruise (first)

Overall rating:

Carnival Sensation

4 Night Western Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)

Sail date: December 12, 2019

Ship: Carnival Sensation

Cabin type: Oceanview

Cabin number: R32

Traveled as: Large Group

Review summary

Booking the cruise was easy with Danielle at She was most helpful, answering all my questions. The payment plan made it easier for me to pay for my cruise. The staff was friendly and helpful. The food was great. The Cruise Director, Dion, was great. The MC for Karaoke, Keith, was really good at it and he helped me out when I got up there and froze. It was a great time and I would love to go on another one, I would suggest having folding chairs available for the activities in the atrium and smaller bars. It was hard for me to stand up all evening. While your literature stated that the photo lovers could purchase a digital package and keep all the pictures, when I asked about purchasing it, I was told that option was not available. The Dolphin Encounter DID have that option and I very happily bought the digital package included all the photos taken. I was able to go to their site online and download them. I was very disappointed that there was no digital package on the ship.

Embarkation

Well organized. Very helpful.

Ship experiences

Plenty of excellent food. Great variety. Almost a;ways available somewhere on the ship. Juices and Lemonade were plentiful. I did not need to buy the soft drink package. I only had two cokes the whole cruise so that was an expense that I didn't need to have.

Karaoke every night. Motown trivia. comedy shows. pool on deck.

I only went to one comedy show. It was very good.

I didn't bring children, I heard from a couple of mothers that the children's camp was wonderful.

Eager to please. Very friendly and helpful.

I have nothing to compare it with but I have no problem except some of the activities were so well attended that it would have been helpful to have folding chairs available for the over flow of guests.

I was the only one in the cabin so the size was fine. It was very clean and I had the choice of getting it cleaned once or twice a day. I chose once, They did a great job.

Ship tip

You don't HAVE to go to the sit down dinner. There is a wonderful cafeteria on board for dinner. Some of the evening activities did not have enough seating,

Ports of call

Miami, Florida

Nothing to compare it to. First cruise. I went on a tour of the Everglades and then was dropped off at the airport afterward.

Key West, Florida Did not visit port

I fell back to sleep after my alarm went off and did not wake up until 45 minutes before we were to leave. I purchased a train ticket but did not get to use it.

I took a taxi to the Atlantis Submarine, I had to find my own excursion by a private company because the times of the one offered by Carnival and Cheap Cruises conflicted with another excursion I wanted to do. After the submarine I took a taxi to Chankanaab Park for the Dolphin Encounter which I thoroughly enjoyed. Then I took a taxi back to the port

Disembarkation

Because I was going on an excursion, I was in a group that was shepherded along. It was a long wait but I have nothing to compare it to.