Nice getaway weekend cruise

Carnival Sensation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Cruises: 7+ cruises

Overall rating:

Carnival Sensation

4 Night Western Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)

Sail date: November 01, 2018

Ship: Carnival Sensation

Cabin type: Balcony

Cabin number: E253

Traveled as: Family (young children)

Review summary

It was a fun getaway cruise. The associates on the carnival sensation made the cruise better in my opinion. From the table staff to the cruise Director it was fun!

Embarkation

With buying the Faster to the Fun experience, I wish there was better guidance on how to get to your room since it is suppose to be ready before everyone else's. We had to get associates to get us in the closed doors to our room. To later find out our room was not even ready yet.

Ship experiences

The food in the main dining room was subpar compared to the other cruises I have been on. We even ate on Lido one night as that food seemed more appeasing.

Between the cruise Director, Kevin, and another cruise associate BK. My daughter loved going to watch them. We are still saying Bang Bang BK like we are playing BINGO!

The size was smaller than I thought and the bunk bed for my daughter pulled down over our heads. We ended up letting her sleep in the bed with us to not have the bunkbed over our heads.

Ship tip

It is an older ship, so keep that in mind when booking.

Ports of call

Key West, Florida

I would not recommend the cruise excursion of going to Beach Day at Playa Mia with Transfers. It was not as "Fun" and "Pretty" As the pictures/descriptions displayed.

Disembarkation

My stepfather was detained by customs as an individual sharing his same name had a warrant in Miami. The way they treated my mom was unacceptable as she walked out of customs crying and so confused. Come to find out the guy who had a warrant, his name was not even spelled the same as my stepfather.